Skip to main content

Harosho 1001 Nights: 50 Questions for Hirai Miyo (Q21 - Q30)

50 Questions for Hirai Miyo (Q21 to Q30)


 

Q21. Which role from a Hello! Project stage play do you want to act? If it is too difficult to answer, it is fine to pick a stage play outside of Hello! Project too.

The first Engeki Joshibu stage play I watched was “Lilium”. I can’t decide on which role I want to try but I’m happy to try any role in the world of Lilium. If I can act in a Takarazuka stage play, I want to be the Phantom in “The Phantom of the Opera”.


Q22. I’m bad with hot weather and dislike summer. Is there any way to make summer more enjoyable?

I’m not good with summer either. From a young age I get irritated whenever the weather gets warm, so I’ll go to the convenience store to get ice cream. There are various new items at the store during the summer. Take good care of your health and look out for summer items, how about that?


Q23. Since you like Takarazuka and have tried for their entrance exam, have you ever thought about giving yourself a Takarazuka stage name? 

(T/N: In Takarazuka, actresses decide their own stage name) 

I’ve actually thought about this many times before but there isn’t a name where I think, “This is it!”. I do have a Kanji that I want to include. So, my favorite Takarazuka actresses are Sou Kazuho-san (壮一帆) and Sakura Ichika-san (桜一花). Both of them share the same Kanji, “Ichi” (一) so I definitely want to include that as part of my stage name. 


Q24. If there is an opportunity for SeasoningS to hold an event, what kind of performance would you like to do? 

Since the three of us are known for piano and dance, we will do that but on the flip side, I would like us to do something completely unrelated to that too. We have always done skits about us not having a group name but since we have a name now, I would like to do skits about that.


Q25. Which color do you like?

Black and blue.


Q26. I love Hello! Project during Takahashi Ai-san’s period. You shared a lot of similarities with Takakashi-san, such as, the both of you did ballet, love Takarazuka and shine on stage. Have you talked to Takahashi-san before? I would love to hear you both talk about Takarazuka.

I would love to do that! Ise Layla-chan was at Takahashi Ai-san’s event and they performed a Takarazuka stage play together. I'm so envious but it can’t be helped… I want to do that too someday. This is a story from quite some time ago but I came across Takahashi-san when I was at Budokan to watch other groups’ performances. We exchanged a few words, like who is our favorite Takarazuka actress but I want to have a deeper conversation than that. 


Q27. From your blog, your awareness on health and wellbeing has motivated me to do the same. I often refer to your healthy food recipe and am very thankful for that. What other recipe are you into lately?

I began to have the awareness for healthy eating around March 2020 but starting from this year, I began to learn more about nutritious food such as dried sweet potato and oatmeal. There was a time I made a mistake by eating nothing but oatmeal and shirataki. That was not good because it isn’t a balanced meal. So nowadays I’ll plan a balanced meal by measuring how many grams of protein, sugar and carbs I consume per day. Everyone, do you want to do this together with me?


Q28. The weather will be warm for consecutive days, is there anything you want to do together with the members this summer? 

I want to go to the beach. The members of Angerme often go together to the beach, don't they? I really long for that. It is difficult to make it happen with a large group like BEYOOOOONDS but when the opportunity comes, I would like us to go to the beach, play with fireworks and have a BBQ. The person who can bring the group together is definitely Takase Kurumi-chan. There are members who like to eat but there are also members who like to cook, so there is a good balance in the group. 


Q29. From your tinytiny episode, I learned that you first met Saito Madoka-san(Kenshusei new unit) at the auditions. Do you have any stories with her to share? She also mentioned that she’s bad at dancing, do you have any advice for her? 

I began to recognize her at the 4th or 5th round of the audition. Her looks stood out and that left an impression on me. When I was at the auditions, my hair was longer and had inner-color right? It seems like that has left a strong impression on her. She thought, “ Wow there is a person who looks like she could really dance.” To be honest, I didn’t do it because I wanted to look cool. At that time I thought since I was already a university student, I would like to try coloring my hair. But I don’t have the courage to do full hair coloring, therefore I colored a little bit. So everyone, my intent was innocent alright? It wasn’t scary. 

(T/N: Doesn't she look wild in that inner-color hairstyle? Who dances ballet with such murderous intent? Also, please check out Miyo's tinytiny episode summary thread)


Q30. I love the radio show, Biyo5 where you and Rika-sama are regulars. I always think Miyo-chan is amazing at describing a scene calmly, following up and getting Icchan’s and Rika-sama’s conversations back on track. How did you learn to have the talking skill to be a radio personality? 

I really miss Biyo5. It is a radio show that both Shimakura Rika-chan and I really like. When I was chosen to be a radio personality, to be honest I didn't think of myself as someone who is good at talking, in fact I think I’m bad at it. I learn mostly on the job. Kanazawa Tomoko-san, who is the host of Vivid Midnight, is my role model. I learn by copying from people who are good at it. 

(T/N: I miss this show a lot too... Please revive Biyo5.)

Quick Jump to:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IDOL AND READ 030: Interview with Hirai Miyo / BEYOOOOONDS (2022/3/7)

From Fantasy to Reality She loves fantasy and Takarazuka. Studied piano, ballet, dance, and vocal music from an early age. She applied to Takarazuka Music School in her first year of high school, intending to become a Takarazuka actress, but was met with setbacks when she realized the reality of the situation. However, she was brainwashed(lol) by her older sister, a Harowota, to join Hello! Project. She passed the audition and became a member of Hello! Project on her third attempt where the audition's age limit was higher.  We will tell you the remarkable story of how Hirai Miyo's "fantasy" became a "reality" and her struggles and joys in BEYOOOOONDS. ---What kind of girl were you when you were little? I was a shy girl. I was too shy to go to kindergarten and to sing songs like " Shuriken Shu Shu Shu " at the school's play. I would cling to my mother's lap and say, "I'll never do that!" (laughs)  ---So you were a typical shy p

"spoon." Magazine Oct. Issue SeasoningS / BEYOOOOONDS Cover Feature (2022/8/26)

The latest edition of "spoon." showcases the 2022 installment of the "Idol Search" project, which spotlights idol groups who are making their first appearances. On the cover, we have SeasoningS, a trio from the group BEYOOOOONDS, who will release their second album "BEYOOOOO2NDS" on September 28th. BEYOOOOONDS consists of two other units, Ame no Mori Kawa Umi, who sings aggressive songs by Oomori Seiko, and CHICA#TETSU, who performs railway-themed idol songs and features a train enthusiast member. SeasoningS was formed with three later-added members and has recently garnered attention for their classical pianist, Kobayashi Honoka-san. Her piano performance is featured in their single "Eiyuu ~Waratte! Chopin Senpai~". She has become a prominent figure in the group where she is now playing a central role in BEYOOOOONDS. In this issue, we will introduce BEYOOOOONDS, a group that is at the forefront of 2021 idols, starting with Kobayashi-san, and the

GRIN Vol.1 “I am who I am” featuring Hirai Miyo / BEYOOOOONDS (2022/9/22)

“I am who I am.”  Vol.01 Hirai Miyo (BEYOOOOONDS) / Photographed & Written by Nao  (The truth will move one's heart. Photographer Nao captures Hirai Miyo at this moment of truth in this real documentary ) Hirai Miyo, now living her life as an idol, has her own set of ideals and conflicts. More than just an idol, she's an artistic performer. These words describe Hirai Miyo perfectly. While attending university, she auditioned for Hello! Project for the third time and debuted as BEYOOOOONDS in 2019. She has expanded her repertoire to include singing and acting in addition to dance, which has earned her recognition from the start. She says, "When I first started out, I worried a lot." While she rapidly gained prominence, she struggled to live up to her ideals. However, she kept going forward in spite of these shortcomings. I wanted to express myself, so I became an idol. “It's been three years since my debut, and I've finally come to accept myself for who I