Skip to main content

Harosho 1001 Nights: 50 Questions for Hirai Miyo (Q1 - Q10)

Hirai Miyo answers 50 questions from fans


This is the 1st part of Hirai Miyo's Talk Event, "Harosho 1001 Nights - 69th Night" that was held on Friday, July 30th, 2021. 

The event was broadcasted live from Hello! Project Official Shop (Tokyo Akihabara Store) via a streaming service called Hello! Project's Stream for a fee. There were no live audience at the show. 

The hashtag for the event was #フレフレ・エブリデイ

Hirai Miyo's Talk Event "Harosho 1001 Nights - 69th Night"


50 Questions for Hirai Miyo (Q1 to Q10)


Q1. You mentioned that Morning Musume’s Help Me MV made an impression on you. What specifically made an impression?

I got to know Morning Musume through my elder sister. For me it was this crisp movement (started doing dance moves) 

and the formation dance. It was really cool. It being an EDM song impressed me. Also, Oda Sakura-san’s solo part "Kokoro ja..." made a big impression. 


Q2. If you were to scout for a new junior member to join the Haropuro Dance Club, who would it be? 

Tamenaga Shion-chan. Her dance is powerful and mature-looking.


Q3. If you could freely change your hair for a day, be it long or a different color, what would it be? 

The longest hair I’ve ever had was during middle school. It was below the shoulders length. I wish to have it longer than that, around waist length. I want to try brighter colored hair like whitish blonde. When I dance I want my hair to go SWISH~ SWISH~. That’s one of my dreams.  

(T/N: You want to be Sephiroth right?)



Q4. What drives you everyday?

The members of BEYOOOOONDS. I feel a sense of relief whenever they’re around.  


Q5. In your profile, I read that you like the movie “Leon”. What other movies do you like or recommend? 

Shimakura Rika-chan also likes the movie “Leon” and we often talk about it. Another movie that Rika-chan and I like is “Begin Again”. Initially I like fantasy movies but this is probably the first Slice-of-Life type of movie I got into. The movie has nice and stylish songs. It also shows how the power of music influences people and how to sell music, which is relevant to us who are in the music industry. It is a wonderful movie so please watch it.    


Q6. The kanji of your name “Miyo” (美葉) is lovely. Were there other kanji candidates for your name? 

The meaning of my name is to be like a leaf shining brightly under the sun. When fall comes, it’s beautifully red; When winter comes, it withers but a new life will begin once more. It is like a continuous cycle without any break. I haven’t heard of other candidates for my name before, so that’s it and... I like my name. 


Q7. I have the impression that the members often call you “azatoi”. Please let us know which other BEYOOOOONDS members do you think are “azatoi” too. Also, if you may, please show us your “azatoi” pose.

Well, Shiorin is the queen of “azatoi” but there are many members who are quite “azatoi” too. Rika-chan shows her “azatoi” as a joke whereas Honoka-chan, who has a cold-hearted vibe, will show her “azatoi” when she praises the members. This made the members fall in love with her. This person is quite the schemer. 


(Finally, somewhat unwillingly, she did an azatoi pose)


Q8. Among the new Hello! Project members, who catches your eyes most? (Tsubaki/J=J/ Kenshusei new unit)

Hmm I haven't had many chances to talk to the new members... Personally I think it is Yofuu Runo-chan. I watched her Shindan test and I think she has a great singing voice. I am curious how she’ll use her talent in Tsubaki Factory.


Q9. What are you looking forward to this summer?

I want to play with sparklers. Go to festivals or do summer activities since I haven’t done them in years. Lately, I bought a hand sized musical instrument, the kind where you press the keys(showing movement using her thumbs) to make a sound. I want to practice it with BEYOOOOONDS’ song and upload it to social networks some day. Please look forward to it.

(T/N: From her gesture, the musical instrument could be a Kalimba)


Q10. Which perfume you use? What kind of scent do you like?

For me, perfume is kind of a secret. I have two perfumes at the moment and one of them is the same as what Angerme’s Takeuchi Akari-san uses, called "Aux Paradis Savon". Once I came across Takeuchi-san and asked what was that good scent on her. It was a coincidence that we’re using the same perfume.  The other perfume I’m using is a secret. As for the kind of scent I like… I prefer floral over fruity. I’m not too fond of strong scents, so something gentle like bath salt. 


Quick Jump to:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IDOL AND READ 030: Interview with Hirai Miyo / BEYOOOOONDS (2022/3/7)

From Fantasy to Reality She loves fantasy and Takarazuka. Studied piano, ballet, dance, and vocal music from an early age. She applied to Takarazuka Music School in her first year of high school, intending to become a Takarazuka actress, but was met with setbacks when she realized the reality of the situation. However, she was brainwashed(lol) by her older sister, a Harowota, to join Hello! Project. She passed the audition and became a member of Hello! Project on her third attempt where the audition's age limit was higher.  We will tell you the remarkable story of how Hirai Miyo's "fantasy" became a "reality" and her struggles and joys in BEYOOOOONDS. ---What kind of girl were you when you were little? I was a shy girl. I was too shy to go to kindergarten and to sing songs like " Shuriken Shu Shu Shu " at the school's play. I would cling to my mother's lap and say, "I'll never do that!" (laughs)  ---So you were a typical shy p

"spoon." Magazine Oct. Issue SeasoningS / BEYOOOOONDS Cover Feature (2022/8/26)

The latest edition of "spoon." showcases the 2022 installment of the "Idol Search" project, which spotlights idol groups who are making their first appearances. On the cover, we have SeasoningS, a trio from the group BEYOOOOONDS, who will release their second album "BEYOOOOO2NDS" on September 28th. BEYOOOOONDS consists of two other units, Ame no Mori Kawa Umi, who sings aggressive songs by Oomori Seiko, and CHICA#TETSU, who performs railway-themed idol songs and features a train enthusiast member. SeasoningS was formed with three later-added members and has recently garnered attention for their classical pianist, Kobayashi Honoka-san. Her piano performance is featured in their single "Eiyuu ~Waratte! Chopin Senpai~". She has become a prominent figure in the group where she is now playing a central role in BEYOOOOONDS. In this issue, we will introduce BEYOOOOONDS, a group that is at the forefront of 2021 idols, starting with Kobayashi-san, and the

GRIN Vol.1 “I am who I am” featuring Hirai Miyo / BEYOOOOONDS (2022/9/22)

“I am who I am.”  Vol.01 Hirai Miyo (BEYOOOOONDS) / Photographed & Written by Nao  (The truth will move one's heart. Photographer Nao captures Hirai Miyo at this moment of truth in this real documentary ) Hirai Miyo, now living her life as an idol, has her own set of ideals and conflicts. More than just an idol, she's an artistic performer. These words describe Hirai Miyo perfectly. While attending university, she auditioned for Hello! Project for the third time and debuted as BEYOOOOONDS in 2019. She has expanded her repertoire to include singing and acting in addition to dance, which has earned her recognition from the start. She says, "When I first started out, I worried a lot." While she rapidly gained prominence, she struggled to live up to her ideals. However, she kept going forward in spite of these shortcomings. I wanted to express myself, so I became an idol. “It's been three years since my debut, and I've finally come to accept myself for who I