Skip to main content

Harosho 1001 Nights: 50 Questions for Hirai Miyo (Q31 - Q40)

50 Questions for Hirai Miyo (Q31 to Q40)


Hirai Miyo 

Q31. If you turned into another member from Haropuro Dance Gakuen, which member would you turn into to dance? 

Everyone dances so differently that I want to experience becoming each person. Well, I think the person who can create an explosive impact in an instant is Sasaki Rikako-san. So I want to turn into Sasaki-san and dance coolly. 

Q32. If you turned into Ishida Ayumi-san for a day, how would you spend your day?

First of all, I’ll dance of course. After that… I want to try laughing as Ishida-san 😂 Ishida-san really has a loud voice but I have such a small voice that I often wondered what it is like to have a loud voice. I want to experience that other world.

Q33. I like to read, especially detective novels. What books do you recommend?

I haven’t read much of this genre recently but there was a time when I was into Edogawa Ranpo’s books. His works are scary but I like the chills and thrills from his writing style.  

Q34. The selfies on your blogs are cute. Do you have any tips?

Typically, I take photos from the left side of my face but not from the right. As you can see, I have my hair parted from the left side too. I don’t usually laugh but just smile in my photos. Perhaps that is how I see myself.

Q35. When you’re about to start something new, what do you think about? I’m thinking about doing a new kind of sport that I haven’t done before but I have a lot of doubts, like whether I should move forward with it or not? Whether it is suitable for me. Can you give me some words of encouragement?

When I’m troubled by the thought of whether I should or should not do something, I usually end up choosing to do it. It is better to have regret doing than to regret not doing. In fact, if you’ve done it but it didn’t work out, at least what you gained is the experience of doing it. However, If you don’t and just walk away, you’ll be thinking “I wonder what will happen if I did it?”. So, take a step forward and see what happens! That’s how I applied for the audition too. Do your best!

Q36. You’re close with your elder sister. What do you like about your sister? Can you tell us a memorable episode you had with your sister? 

She’s the one who showed me the “Help Me” MV so you can say that she’s the key person in my life. What do I like about her? Hmm… when I’m upset, she’ll spoil me sometimes. As an older sister, she would always give me advice. That has helped me a lot so I’m really thankful for her. As for an episode, when I was young we played hide and seek together. My sister was the seeker and I was the hider. At that time, I think I was about 5-year-old. When you hide behind the curtains, you can still see your feet right? So I took off my socks, wedged them under the glass door and pulled the curtains. But I hid in a different place. My sister fell into my trap and said “Why would you do that?”. That’s something I remember.

Q37. I am working as a teacher. Under your influence, our school’s field trip next year is to watch Takarazuka. Is there anything to look out for or to prepare before watching Takarazuka? 

It might be difficult to provide opera glasses for all of your students but at least get one for yourself so you can watch the show clearly. Takarazuka actresses who play female roles typically hand make their own hair ornaments. They’re artistic looking so that is definitely something to look out for. The world of Takarazuka is really cool, wonderful and gorgeous so please enjoy it to the fullest.

Q38. There are so many outfits from concerts, new singles and new albums. Which is your favorite outfit? By the way, my favorite is from the 2020 Winter Harocon, Only You Audition members’ Tachiagaru performance outfit.

I like that outfit too! It has our image color but also elements that are unique for each member. BEYOOOOONDS has more outfits that look disconnected from one another, so this unified looking outfit makes an impression. 



Q39. Is there anything you want to challenge personally? 

Some time ago, Ishida-san did a recital drama with external voice actors and actresses. They were like pioneers in that work, I think that’s really cool. I want to do something like that too. 

(T/N: Miyo's blog post about Ishida-san's recital drama)

Q40. From your interview with Townwork previously, you mentioned that you did a part-time job before. What kind of part-time job did you do? Is there any episode you remember from your work? 

Before I joined, I did a part-time job as a University student. Well, Hello! Project has this song too, so yea I worked at a bakery before. I worked at the cash register and did some simple basic tasks but I learned a lot. Usually, when it was my shift, I changed into my work uniform, went to work and got paid. As for customer service, people are very kind. I’ve had customers who are from overseas so I did my best answering them in English. That’s something I remember the most. 

(T/N: The song she mentioned is S/milege’s Panya-san no Arubaito, "Part-time job in a bakery". No other Hello! Project member has done a part-time job before.) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IDOL AND READ 030: Interview with Hirai Miyo / BEYOOOOONDS (2022/3/7)

From Fantasy to Reality She loves fantasy and Takarazuka. Studied piano, ballet, dance, and vocal music from an early age. She applied to Takarazuka Music School in her first year of high school, intending to become a Takarazuka actress, but was met with setbacks when she realized the reality of the situation. However, she was brainwashed(lol) by her older sister, a Harowota, to join Hello! Project. She passed the audition and became a member of Hello! Project on her third attempt where the audition's age limit was higher.  We will tell you the remarkable story of how Hirai Miyo's "fantasy" became a "reality" and her struggles and joys in BEYOOOOONDS. ---What kind of girl were you when you were little? I was a shy girl. I was too shy to go to kindergarten and to sing songs like " Shuriken Shu Shu Shu " at the school's play. I would cling to my mother's lap and say, "I'll never do that!" (laughs)  ---So you were a typical shy p

"spoon." Magazine Oct. Issue SeasoningS / BEYOOOOONDS Cover Feature (2022/8/26)

The latest edition of "spoon." showcases the 2022 installment of the "Idol Search" project, which spotlights idol groups who are making their first appearances. On the cover, we have SeasoningS, a trio from the group BEYOOOOONDS, who will release their second album "BEYOOOOO2NDS" on September 28th. BEYOOOOONDS consists of two other units, Ame no Mori Kawa Umi, who sings aggressive songs by Oomori Seiko, and CHICA#TETSU, who performs railway-themed idol songs and features a train enthusiast member. SeasoningS was formed with three later-added members and has recently garnered attention for their classical pianist, Kobayashi Honoka-san. Her piano performance is featured in their single "Eiyuu ~Waratte! Chopin Senpai~". She has become a prominent figure in the group where she is now playing a central role in BEYOOOOONDS. In this issue, we will introduce BEYOOOOONDS, a group that is at the forefront of 2021 idols, starting with Kobayashi-san, and the

GRIN Vol.1 “I am who I am” featuring Hirai Miyo / BEYOOOOONDS (2022/9/22)

“I am who I am.”  Vol.01 Hirai Miyo (BEYOOOOONDS) / Photographed & Written by Nao  (The truth will move one's heart. Photographer Nao captures Hirai Miyo at this moment of truth in this real documentary ) Hirai Miyo, now living her life as an idol, has her own set of ideals and conflicts. More than just an idol, she's an artistic performer. These words describe Hirai Miyo perfectly. While attending university, she auditioned for Hello! Project for the third time and debuted as BEYOOOOONDS in 2019. She has expanded her repertoire to include singing and acting in addition to dance, which has earned her recognition from the start. She says, "When I first started out, I worried a lot." While she rapidly gained prominence, she struggled to live up to her ideals. However, she kept going forward in spite of these shortcomings. I wanted to express myself, so I became an idol. “It's been three years since my debut, and I've finally come to accept myself for who I