Skip to main content

IDOL AND READ 030: Interview with Hirai Miyo / BEYOOOOONDS (2022/3/7)

From Fantasy to Reality

She loves fantasy and Takarazuka. Studied piano, ballet, dance, and vocal music from an early age. She applied to Takarazuka Music School in her first year of high school, intending to become a Takarazuka actress, but was met with setbacks when she realized the reality of the situation.

However, she was brainwashed(lol) by her older sister, a Harowota, to join Hello! Project. She passed the audition and became a member of Hello! Project on her third attempt where the audition's age limit was higher. 

We will tell you the remarkable story of how Hirai Miyo's "fantasy" became a "reality" and her struggles and joys in BEYOOOOONDS.


Hirai Miyo in IDOL AND READ 030

---What kind of girl were you when you were little?

I was a shy girl. I was too shy to go to kindergarten and to sing songs like "Shuriken Shu Shu Shu" at the school's play. I would cling to my mother's lap and say, "I'll never do that!" (laughs) 

---So you were a typical shy person (laughs).

I started taking classical ballet lessons when I was 4 years old, but when I watched old recordings from those days, even though it was in the middle of a performance, I told the girl next to me, "Do it a little more like this." It seems like I had a meddlesome side too. Also, I danced to the music of Mini-Hamuzu at home, shaking my hips skillfully. We had an electronic piano at home with a function to play classical music. I would play it, start dancing freely and say, "Dad, Mom, sit over there! Watch me!" I guess I have liked dancing since then.
DVD cover art of "Mini Hamuzu no Ai no Uta"
(DVD cover art of "Mini Hamuzu no Ai no Uta")

---So you were a shy but energetic girl at the same time.

I was shy at first, but once I got used to the surroundings, I got along with everyone. My mother told me that the eyebrow-raising gesture was trending in my class, and once I became comfortable in a social circle, I would start to do such unintelligible things in front of everyone (laughs). But it takes me time to get into a social circle. Because of my sister's influence, I wanted to do classical ballet. But when it was time to put on a leotard and start the lesson, my shyness kicked in, and I couldn't move. However, the ballet teacher said, "She's the kind of girl who takes her own time, so let's wait a bit for her." It took quite a while before I suddenly walked into the classroom on my own. 

---So you were the type who went at your own pace.

It's still the same today. I'm the type who prefers to step on the accelerator by myself, no matter how long it takes, rather than making a move at someone else's urging. I know it seems like a hassle to those around me (laughs), but if someone rushes me, I will give up. So I'm grateful to my ballet teacher, who waited for me.

---You have been doing classical ballet for many years, haven't you? Do you have any unforgettable stories?

I was in ballet for 14 years. It wasn't a big school, so I only experienced a few recitals in a hall, but we often had recitals in a small studio where parents would come to watch. When I danced a solo variation, some of the older students who had graduated from that class were there. My mother told me afterward that those older students gave me high praise. I remember how happy I was. I had always danced with the same people, so I had not received many compliments. But the seniors praised me, saying that I looked like I was moving in the air, which made me want to do even better.

---Was classical ballet the first thing you learned in your life?

Classical ballet was the first thing I wanted to learn on my initiative. But before that, I had taken electone and swimming lessons when I was 3 years old. My parents had a policy of letting the kids do whatever they wanted. I am very grateful for that. But even in swimming lessons, I was also doing things at my own pace. There was an exercise where we had to walk around the pool. Whenever we got to the corner, I would take a deep breath and let everyone move past me (laughs).

---That personality of yours was consistent no matter where you were (laughs). By the way, what kind of girl were you among the kindergarteners?

My hair growth was slow when I was a child, so I've always had short hair. On top of that, I was a playful child who got injured every day, so my classmates thought I was a boy (laughs). Every time we had a foot race, I would always win first place. During recess, I would join the boys in chasing one another. My mother used to say that I ran around like a wild boar, making dust clouds and smoke, and I would charge at her like, "Ugh!" (laughs). I was a girl who acted like a boy. I had no interest in "Love and Berry," which seemed to be popular among the girls. Anyway, I just loved running. I was that kind of kindergartener.

---Please also tell us about your student life in elementary, junior high, and high school. First of all, what kind of student were you in elementary school?

I still ran as much as ever until I was in the third or fourth grade.

---Don’t you just love to run? (laughs)

I was always running around the schoolyard (laughs). I was such an active girl, but I gradually developed a love for reading. The first series I got into was the "Harry Potter" series. I was so addicted to the books I read through those thick books seven times from start to end. I even made a notebook with all the spells...

---That's amazing.

When Harry and his friends became adults at the end of the story, I would think, "I miss their childhood days!" Soon after, I'll start reading again from the beginning and repeat this process forever (laughs). Also, I would cast spells with some of my friends who liked "Harry Potter." Since I'm a big fan of fantasy, I enjoyed immersing myself in imaginary worlds. I would sit alone in the vacant lot in front of my house and fantasize about things, making up stories as I went along, saying things like, "I can use magic!" So I guess I was a strange child (laughs).
Hirai Miyo wearing Hermione's Time Turner necklace in "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"
(Hermione's Time Turner necklace in "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" | source: blog)

---So you were an elementary school student who was fascinated by wizards.

I read a lot of fantasy novels like "Harry Potter," "The Saga of Darren Shan" and other series. Sometimes, I would read thick and difficult books like "The Court Painter of Marie Antoinette" to act like a grown-up. I also had a teacher at my elementary school who loved books. The teacher founded a book club, and I joined the club, read books, and wrote my own stories. When I graduated, my teacher gave me her favorite book as a gift. So I spent a lot of time with books during my elementary school years. I learned how to express myself in writing, describing a scene, and creating new worlds from the book club. Speaking of clubs, I also joined a wind ensemble and was exposed to different instruments such as saxophone and percussion. I became familiar with music from the ensemble.
Hirai Miyo cosplayed as Professor Snape on Halloween 2020
(Miyo cosplayed as Professor Snape on Halloween 2020 | source: blog)

---By the way, what kind of story did you write in the book club?

I wrote a short story about an injured boy who was all alone and played with a girl who looked like a wind fairy… (laughs).

---That was fantasy too (laughs).

It was a fantasy! Also, I like to draw, so I did the story's illustrations myself… Oh, that's right! I was also in the arts and crafts club. I wonder how many things I was doing at the time (laughs).

---Literature, music, and even crafts! You must have been a very creative elementary school student.

I love to create, but I was a jack of all trades and master of none. I would try my hand at various things but get bored halfway through. I was so fed up with myself and questioned myself, "Why?" Even so, I still tried everything that interested me.

---What kind of girl were you in junior high school?

I don't think I was the type who wanted to lead. But when I was an accompanist for choir competitions, I gave lectures on singing because I was also learning vocal music at that time... I was the type who gets very enthusiastic about events (laughs). However, when I was in junior high school, I wanted to focus on learning, so I joined the sewing and patchwork club, which was more relaxed. After school, I spent all my time learning.
Hirai Miyo in IDOL AND READ 030

---What was your schedule like?

I still remember my Tuesday schedule very well. I went to classical ballet class and then to piano class after school. I used to call them "Devil's Tuesdays" (laughs). And I would also do classical ballet on Thursdays and either Saturday or Sunday and vocal music on Fridays.

---That is the schedule of someone who is aiming to become a professional, isn't it?

But at that time, I was not aiming to be a professional of any kind.

---What was your motivation to work so hard at that time?

Maybe I just liked to move my body and sweat (laughs). But even after the lesson was over, I would stay back and ask the teacher, "I can't do this part because it's difficult. Can you teach me?" I guess I liked the time spent immersed in something. Also, I had been doing classical ballet for the longest time, so it was natural for me to be wholly absorbed in it. It was my daily routine.

---It is great that you could attend so many lessons, and your parents are also amazing for sending you to those lessons. How were you raised as a child?

I was spoiled because I was the youngest, but my father was quite strict, so proper etiquette in terms of language and attitude towards my lessons were drilled into my head. However, my sister got scolded more than me because I learned by watching my older sister getting warned about what not to do. I may have been a good schemer even as a child (laughs).

---Based on the things you studied, I thought your parents might be well versed in music. Am I right? 

I am the type of person who can only do what interests me. But my parents had long decided that their children would learn to play the piano. So they gave me lessons in electone and piano even before I developed a sense of self. Thanks to that, I was able to play accompaniment in chorus competitions. I think I have a greater range of music and expression, which isn't something that comes naturally. My parents paid for my piano, ballet and vocal music lessons, so I am grateful for the many opportunities they gave me. Also, my father used to play the guitar in a band when he was a student, and my mother played the drums in a band with her friends.

---So they were music lovers at heart.

I have an unforgettable memory: when I was still very young, my parents took me to a music store and let me play with the drums there. Then they bought me a rather splendid electronic drum because I could do drum snaps. Looking back now, I feel like they were ridiculous (laughs), but I think I developed a sense of rhythm through that. My parents gave me many opportunities to enrich my life. I am also grateful to my older sister because there are many things I started doing after watching her, including ballet. I think my family has influenced me a lot.

---What a wonderful family. How do you think they are watching over you now that you are working as an idol?

It was my sister who informed me about the audition. I told her I wanted to audition, and she encouraged me to go for it. So she is still very supportive and happy for me, saying things like, "I can't believe my sister is singing this song as a member of Haropuro!" My sister is what you might call a "harowota" (laughs). My parents give me advice on working as an idol in society. I sometimes vent it out on them, and I think they have helped me mentally. Whenever there is a new BEYOOOOONDS video or my video, they will try to increase the number of views as much as possible using different devices... (laughs).

---Supporting in the number of views (laughs).

But I am impressed by the amount of things they are doing. I didn't expect them to do this much, so I feel a little embarrassed (laughs).

--- I guess your parents must be happy too because your debut results from them sending you to piano and ballet lessons. By the way, did you enjoy musical expression from an early age?

I started piano lessons at the age of 5. I grew up in a household surrounded by music, with my parents and older sister playing musical instruments, so music is close to my heart. But it wasn't until I was in junior high school that I began to enjoy dancing.

---What made you enjoy dancing?

When I learned about Sugawara Koharu-san, a world-renowned dancer, from a TV commercial, I wondered, "Why is she smiling while she dances?" I used to dance without any facial expression, but when I saw her showing her emotions while dancing, I realized that dancing is fun and is a way to communicate. That is how impactful my encounter with Sugawara Koharu-san on TV was. The commercial only lasted a few seconds, but I thought, "Who is this cool person?" I rushed to look her up, scoured various videos, and even imitated her dance choreography on YouTube. Thanks to Koharu-san, I think I have broadened the range of dances I can use as a Hello! Project member.
(Miyo didn't mention which CM it was but just sharing one of Sugawara Koharu's CM for reference) 


---So, as the reputable dancer of BEYOOOOONDS, Sugawara Koharu-san is your core influence. 

​​Also, discovering Takarazuka was a big part of it. If I hadn't seen the performances of Takarazuka actresses who truly pursue beauty, I might not be where I am today.

---How did you discover Takarazuka?

​​On New Year's Day, I chanced upon a TV broadcast of Hanagumi's "Akechi Kogoro's Case Files: The Black Lizard." I found the unique world created by this traditional theater company to be exceptionally beautiful, and women also played the male roles. It is a story that simple words such as "miserable," "cool," or "glittering" cannot convey. The Takarazuka actresses drew me to the story, and I wanted to be a part of it. It was a heavy story. Two war orphans separated from each other, one became a detective, and another became a thief. They eventually meet again and are attracted to each other, but later they discover they are siblings... The story was too heavy for a child to watch, but my sister and I watched it so many times we wondered, "Do DVDs ever wear out?" We also memorized the lines and acted them out together (laughs). That's where I learned the joy of expressing myself and decided that I wanted to join Takarazuka.
DVD cover art of "Akechi Kogoro's Case Files: The Black Lizard"
(DVD cover art of "Akechi Kogoro's Case Files: The Black Lizard")

---So you wanted to join Takarazuka and become a Takarazuka actress.

Because of that, I took vocal music lessons from the end of junior high school to the first half of high school. Until then, I didn't know what to do with my future. I didn't want to be a ballerina or anything in particular. But when I discovered Takarazuka, I became interested in joining Takarazuka. I finally met the "me" who could work hard towards a goal. And for the first time in my life, I was able to master various things. I fantasized about what I wanted to do if I joined Takarazuka. So, I worked very hard to get into Takarazuka at that time.

---You have changed since you dreamed of joining Takarazuka. And you took the entrance exam too, didn't you?

I took the Takarazuka Music School entrance exam when I was in my first year of high school. But the year before that, I wanted to focus on the high school entrance exam, so I didn't take the exam. Nonetheless, I went to pick up the application form and made up my mind that I would submit it next year. The students of Takarazuka Music School showed me around the school. The air they gave off was from a different world. The other applicants were very slim, beautiful, and cute. I realized that many people are more impressive than I am. The first test began by telling them where I was from, my height, and weight. Next, I did a 90-degree turn in every direction and, finally, a smile. That alone made me understand that I don't have what it takes, and that's when I lost my desire to join.
Hirai Miyo showing the Takarazuka entrance exam she failed on Melodix
(Miyo demo'ed the Takarazuka entrance exam she failed on Melodix) 

---Did you feel like you were hit by reality?

​I felt... overwhelmed. Everyone was aiming one level above me, and I felt as if I would never be able to compete with them. That's when the strings snapped. Therefore, I took the entrance exam only once.
​​

---So that was how you lost your dream of joining Takarazuka.

After that, I felt troubled. Even though I was the one who put an end to my dream, I thought, "What am I going to do now?" I wanted to express myself, but I had difficulty figuring out what kind of expression I wanted to do. While I was pursuing Takarazuka, my sister was watching Hello! Project music videos. Since then, I have become interested in Hello! Project. I started watching their live performance videos by myself, but for some reason, I found myself imitating their live performances (laughs). Eventually, I realized that I wanted to be on that stage and gradually pursued that path.

---What kind of live performance videos did you watch?

I watched Morning Musume '14's live performance especially. They were sweating, singing, dancing, and performing with all their might. Some members are the same age as me, and their efforts makes me wonder, "What am I doing here?" I don't have any dreams or special skills, so I felt a sense of envy and a yearning to be part of them. Because of Morning Musume, I also watched live performance videos of other Haropuro groups and found that some of the members were younger than me. So, it wasn't like, "I must join Hello! Project!" but more of a slow burn, finding myself wondering, "How do I get into Hello! Project?" 

---While you were becoming more aware of Haropuro, you were also involved in street dance, weren't you?

I hadn't figured out which club to join when I entered university. My friend thought about joining an intercollegiate dance club, so I tagged along. I decided to try hip-hop dance, but it wasn't easy because the center of gravity and the rhythm were different from classical ballet. But the seniors taught me how to dance, and I was even allowed to participate in a battle once. I was terrible at improvisation, but I did my best (laughs). I was only in that club for six months, but it became a significant part of my life.

---Did you win the battle?

It was just one of those beginner-level battles. I won twice and lost the third time (laughs).

--- From my observation, I think you have absorbed different ways to express yourself as a performer even before your debut. And now you're finally on this path you were meant to take.

At the time, I wasn't looking to expand my dance repertoire. It was more like, "I want to dance like this person" or "I want to be like this person ." That simple intent has exposed me to many different genres. I believe that I went through places that I could not have gone if I had been looking for a single genre to master.

---And now you're making good use of your experience in BEYOOOOONDS. When did you first audition for Haropuro?

I was in my second year of high school ​​​​when I first auditioned for Morning Musume's 13th gen. I didn't feel nervous or pressured because I knew I wouldn't get in, but singing in front of people was new to me. Even though I studied vocal music, it was different from J-pop, so I struggled a lot. I had a tough time getting to the upper range of my natural voice, and it was something I couldn't fix. However, I still told myself to do my best. I went to the second and third rounds of auditions, and I always danced to songs choreographed by Koharu Sugawara. I danced to Mariah Carey's "Emotions" and Janet Jackson's "If."
(Sugawara Koharu's choreography for Mariah Carey's Emotions ) 

---So you had mastered the choreography for each song that Koharu Sugawara had posted on YouTube.

I continued to dance in all three auditions in which I participated. First, it was at the audition for the 13th generation. Next was the year after, at the "Hello! Project New Member" audition and the "Hello! Project Only You" audition, which I passed. However, there was a time when I sang a song from a Takarazuka musical without dancing; the judge said, "Oh, you're not dancing today?" I thought, "Oh, you remember me! I'm glad I kept dancing!" I had prepared a dance anyway, so I said, "Well, I'll dance!" And so I danced and passed the audition.
Hirai Miyo appeared in the Hello! Project 20th Anniversary Audition 1-hour special
(While Miyo didn't pass her 2nd audition, she appeared in the Hello! Project 20th Anniversary Audition 1-hour special for a few seconds)

---I am amazed that you continued to audition without giving up.

That's how much I love Hello! Project. Also, during my second audition, I thought it would be my last due to the upper age limit. However, the "Only You" audition raised the upper age limit, so I thought, "I must go for it." I was sure I wouldn't pass the audition again, but I did my best so that I wouldn't regret it. When I passed, I was more anxious than happy (laughs). That's because there were no other people who joined Hello! Project as a university student, and most members of BEYOOOOONDS were younger than me. The members who are older than me had already built up their careers over the years as trainees. But I always wanted to be a performer, so I thought, "This is where I start, so I’ll do my best."

---I have the impression that BEYOOOOONDS achieved group unity early on, but you must have felt lost at first.

When I first joined the group, I was cautious to speak respectfully to the members, and I made my debut not knowing what was right and wrong, so yes, I felt a bit lost. I think I had enough common sense to live as a university student, but when I didn't know when to greet someone, I realized that my common sense was not the same as Hello! Project and BEYOOOOONDS . However, the members were kind enough to teach me, and when I made mistakes, they would apologize and say, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

---How did you feel when you met your fans for the first time?

At that time, I felt nothing but anxiety. There was an event to unveil the new members to the fans, but I was so anxious, I became so negative. I thought, "There are only enemies here, aren't there? No one would support me anyway" (laughs). Also, because I admired Takarazuka, I have only worn masculine clothes and menswear-like fashion at university. I had never worn one-piece dresses or put on cute makeup before, so I felt embarrassed and perplexed. Seeing how cute Kobayashi Honoka-chan and Satoyoshi Utano-chan looked in one-piece dresses made me feel like I was the only one who looked out of place. 
The unveiling of the new members from the "Hello! Project Only You" audition at BEYOOOOONDS FC 2018 event
(The unveiling of the new members from the "Hello! Project Only You" audition at BEYOOOOONDS FC 2018 event | source: YouTube)

---You had a hard time fitting in as an idol. However, BEYOOOOONDS' major debut single "Megane no Otoko no Ko / Nippon no D・N・A! / Go Waist" debuted at No. 1 on the Oricon Weekly Ranking, and also won the Best New Artist Award at the "60th Kagayaku! Japan Record Award". How did you feel?

Ichioka Reina, Takase Kurumi, and Kiyono Momohime took a long time to get there from their days as trainees in Haropuro while I was in Hello! Project for only one year. But after I joined, BEYOOOOONDS had an intense year with a major debut, and it ranked No. 1 in Oricon. So, I'm glad to be rewarded for our sweat and tears. But because what BEYOOOOONDS does is a little peculiar, it was easy to doubt whether we were doing the right thing or whether we could reach the future we dreamed of. Thankfully, the results of our debut single were good, so we got to release an album with a song for the three of us (Hirai, Kobayashi, Satoyoshi) from the "ONLY YOU" audition. It was an intense year of many challenges and getting rewarded for confronting them.
BEYOOOOONDS won the Best New Artist Award at the "60th Kagayaku! Japan Record Award"
(BEYOOOOONDS won the Best New Artist Award at the "60th Kagayaku! Japan Record Award" | source: twitter)

​​​​​​​​ ---What a dramatic moment for you to win the Best Newcomer Award at the end of the year. It was like everything paid off, right?

Yes, it was. The big prize at the end of the year gave me a sense of relief, or rather, a renewed determination to continue working hard on my own.

---You must be filled with enthusiasm to make the year 2020 "the year of BEYOOOOONDS," but the pandemic made you cancel your first solo live and hall concert tours. How did you feel when you couldn't perform as you wished?

People often say, "The second year is crucial." So, I thought, "Let's keep up the momentum in the second year!" However, the pandemic forced us into a lockdown. We tried to keep our fans updated by releasing a YouTube video daily called "Ouchi Demo BEYOOOOONDS Gakkou." We kept ourselves busy, so I didn't get depressed and think much about it. Yet after "Ouchi Demo BEYOOOOONDS Gakkou" ended, I suddenly wondered if we could have kept up with the momentum if not for the pandemic. But soon after, Hello! Project started a series of concerts called "Hello! Project 2020〜The Ballad〜."
(Miyo taught ballet on YouTube)

---A concert where each member sang a famous song as a soloist.

At the time, it was unthinkable for me to sing solo, so I was more nervous than I had ever experienced before. While singing, I first felt numbness in my fingers and toes and eventually in my skull (laughs). But as I sang more, I learned how to deal with the nerves better and was trained in many aspects. In terms of my singing ability and expressiveness, I was able to find the right balance between technique and emotion, thinking about how to convey my feelings to the audience without being too self-satisfied and forcing them to listen to my singing. I think I have made good progress and would like to pat myself on the back. 
(Miyo sang a cover of  "Umi no Koe" at the "Hello! Project 2020〜The Ballad〜" concerts)

---What kind of idol group do you think BEYOOOOONDS will be in 2022?

I think we are more of an entertainer than an idol. Idols often sing about a protagonist's feelings, so I think it is rare to find a group that sings about themselves. Also, there aren't many groups that perform skits at the start of their live performances. We lacked the skills and experience in the beginning and presented performances that felt incomplete. But in the last 3 years, we understood the coolness of putting our heart and soul into doing something funny. When I look at the comment section of our MVs on YouTube, something like "I cried with joy" is often written. Therefore I think the coolness of putting your heart and soul into something surpasses anything else. I believe BEYOOOOONDS is an entertainer who embodies and presents that coolness, and I am happy to be a part of BEYOOOOONDS.

---What kind of member do you think you are in BEYOOOOONDS?

What kind of member am I? (laughs) I can't do anything outstanding like Kobayashi Honoka's piano or Kiyono Momohime's voice percussion. From the time I joined Hello! Project, my voice trainer, told me that I have a unique sense of rhythm, and it adds an accent or spice to BEYOOOOONDS. And since I've said that I'm "good at dancing," I want to contribute to the group's overall performance. I believe that professional performance is attainable when each member gets to express herself in her way while staying coordinated with the rest and paying attention to the details. So I will usually take the initiative in checking the overall performance. We don't tell each other what to do but discuss how to improve it, so it is gratifying.
Hirai Miyo in IDOL AND READ 030
 

---You are set to perform at the Nippon Budokan for the first time on April 26, 2022. Last but not least, please tell us your vision of your future.

BEYOOOOONDS and "Hirai Miyo" exist because of each other. One of them would not be possible without the other. Still, I would like "Hirai Miyo"'s existence to be meaningful. I sometimes wonder what presence I have in BEYOOOOONDS, so I would like to have a clearer idea of that... It will probably take me a long time to figure it out, but I want to find it in the end. As a group, idol, and entertainer, I would like to make more people cry with joy (laughs). 

IDOL AND READ #30 Magazine
(Cover of IDOL AND READ #30 Magazine)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"spoon." Magazine Oct. Issue SeasoningS / BEYOOOOONDS Cover Feature (2022/8/26)

The latest edition of "spoon." showcases the 2022 installment of the "Idol Search" project, which spotlights idol groups who are making their first appearances. On the cover, we have SeasoningS, a trio from the group BEYOOOOONDS, who will release their second album "BEYOOOOO2NDS" on September 28th. BEYOOOOONDS consists of two other units, Ame no Mori Kawa Umi, who sings aggressive songs by Oomori Seiko, and CHICA#TETSU, who performs railway-themed idol songs and features a train enthusiast member. SeasoningS was formed with three later-added members and has recently garnered attention for their classical pianist, Kobayashi Honoka-san. Her piano performance is featured in their single "Eiyuu ~Waratte! Chopin Senpai~". She has become a prominent figure in the group where she is now playing a central role in BEYOOOOONDS. In this issue, we will introduce BEYOOOOONDS, a group that is at the forefront of 2021 idols, starting with Kobayashi-san, and the

GRIN Vol.1 “I am who I am” featuring Hirai Miyo / BEYOOOOONDS (2022/9/22)

“I am who I am.”  Vol.01 Hirai Miyo (BEYOOOOONDS) / Photographed & Written by Nao  (The truth will move one's heart. Photographer Nao captures Hirai Miyo at this moment of truth in this real documentary ) Hirai Miyo, now living her life as an idol, has her own set of ideals and conflicts. More than just an idol, she's an artistic performer. These words describe Hirai Miyo perfectly. While attending university, she auditioned for Hello! Project for the third time and debuted as BEYOOOOONDS in 2019. She has expanded her repertoire to include singing and acting in addition to dance, which has earned her recognition from the start. She says, "When I first started out, I worried a lot." While she rapidly gained prominence, she struggled to live up to her ideals. However, she kept going forward in spite of these shortcomings. I wanted to express myself, so I became an idol. “It's been three years since my debut, and I've finally come to accept myself for who I